When you’re done with the real thing, there’s nothing like a game of basketball online to keep the passion flowing.The best basketball games fall into two categories: simple shooting games where you’ll be making 3 point throws or slam dunks, or full games where you’ll control the whole team and guide them to glory.
3 point shooter games
When you look online, you’ll find that the shooting games are far more popular than full basketball games. This is because they are much easier to program and much quicker, making them appealing for today’s short attention span audience.
The best ones to try are:
- 3 point shootout at oyunlar1.com – this uses semi-photo realism to bring the court to life. The controls are intuitive but it takes a lot of practice to get the perfect swish.
- 3D shootout at shockwave.com – earn shockwave tokens for getting a long streak of 3 pointers or work your way through the arcade missions, including scoring points for hitting the rim!
- Multiplayer challenge at bgames.com – take on your friends or the rest of the world as you score points for spectacular dunks and nothing but net free throws.
Full basketball games
Point and click shooter games can be fun, but they become repetitive after a while. If you’re looking for a bit more of a challenge, then basketball games where you can control the whole team’s dribbling, passing and defense as well as shooting will keep you happy:
- Hard court at teampolis.com – a simple one on one game, but one with plenty of scope with levels playing Horse and 21 adding to the simple skill shots.
- Full Court Basketball at kongregate.com – the graphics aren’t great here, but the free game play and realistic ball motion more than make up for it. Expect a challenge as the computer’s team won’t give up easily!
- World Basketball Championship at miniclip.com – start out as your favourite country and progress through the rounds until you get to the ultimate challenge – the Harlem Globetrotters.
All of these games are free to play, so there’s nothing to stop you getting your b-ball fix when you get home from practice.